Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Lou1960
My Device: 9650 Bold
Accepted Solution

Password Keeper

I just updated my device software for my Bold 9650.  In the process, I lost the icon for "Password Keeper" - and all saved passwords.  I restored from a recent back-up, but the Password Keeper application/information did not come back.

Any ideas as to whether I can recover that info, and if so, how?  I had lots of info there and would very much like to recover it.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
techlawyer
My Device: 9930

Re: Password Keeper

I should first say that I am not a Blackberry expert -- unlike some of the folks who post on this forum.  However, I remember reading another posting a while back about someone who had your same problem with an earlier upgrade and lost Password Keeper and the information they had stored there.  The thread and the solution provided to their problem can be found on this forum under the name "Password Keeper Missing in OS 6."  I don't know whether it would work for you but I offer it as a starting point at least for a possible solution.  You may want to check it out.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Lou1960

Thanks very much!  I'll take a look.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Lou1960

OK, I did the full re-install, and then went to an earlier backup.  The Password Keeper back-up is there, but it can't be reinstalled - it says it's a "read only" file. 

I assume this means that PK no longer exists on the updated OS.  That's fine, but how do I access the data (so I can manually reenter it, or just have it!).  The file is an .ipd file and I can't open it through Windows.

Anyone know how?

Thanks for any help.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Lou1960

I found a post from MarkPA dated 10/14/2010, which explains how he set up a simulated phone (with PK on it), and was able to restore his data to that simulated phone. While I couldn't print out the data or restore it to mine, I was able to read, and copy, all the info.

This was a great solution and one that really made things better for me. I don't have the app back, but I have the info, and that's good enough!

Thanks MarkPA!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
techlawyer
My Device: 9930

I'm really glad that you found a solution. This info will be helpful for the next person who has your problem. Thanks again for letting us know -- and congratulations!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sagarkrishna901
My Device: bold 9900

after reinstalling 0s i cant find password keeper app on my device 9900 .... where i get that ,tried every thing... do you have link for cod file or give me that file.... very greatfull to you....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
olufemipupo
My Device: Torch 9810

Hi. I am new to this forum. I am very interested in the posting of MarkPA dated 10/14/2010 but I do not know how to get it. My device (Torch 8610) installed os 7.1.0 Bundle 1149 and I had problem with Password Keeper and my stored data, even after installing Desktop Manager version 7. Please kindly point me to Mark's posting as I need to recover my password. Thank you for your time.

olufemipupo.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Minite
My Device: Bold 9900

I have the same problem on my Bold 9900 : password keeper has disappeared yet it is still listed in one of the BB protect backups. I have tried everything listed here and nothing worked, any advice please ?

Please use plain text.