Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
inshu
My Device: Bold 9900
Accepted Solution

Password Problems

Bold 9900: I've entered my password without success. Before loosing my data, how can I enter my passwort correctly, it's only in numbers and after I enter "blackberry" i can only start with letters. Can someone help me?
JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Password Problems

You can enter numbers after entering 'blackberry'

The problem is you've confused what your password is... you've been entering alpha characters instead of numbers.

Often users who have multiple numerals in their password will only press the ALT key for the first numeral and not those following, so for instance, if your password were "1234", you might have been pressing "Alt 1234" on the device, which makes the actual password to be "1ers".

Does that make sense? Does it sound familar to your usage?

So check the way you enter your password on the device... do you think you are entering multiple numbers but actually are not?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
inshu

Thank You for the answer, I've entered the code for the BB Bold 9900 after the four number for my Vodafone card without thinking and it has been working without problems. Now after entering "blackberry" I have to start with alpha charakters. My usual code - all in numbers - is not working, I've triend two times. So I think You 're right - there is a mixup between numbers and letters. Since I've only one try left, do You know, when You first create the code for the divice, does it start in alpha charakters or in numbers an does it stay that way for the hole code? My other question is, can I somehow safe my picturs before the last try - I really don't want to loose them. Thanks again Dirk
JSanders

inshu wrote:
 do You know, when You first create the code for the divice, does it start in alpha charakters or in numbers an does it stay that way for the hole code? My other question is, can I somehow safe my picturs before the last try - I really don't want to loose them. Thanks again Dirk

It depends on IF you first pressed the ALT key to activate the numeral KB.

If you don't think you EVER press the ALT key to activate a number, then your code starts with an alpha character.

Fingers crossed for you.

If your pictures are stored on the Media card, the media card should not wipe. Before you proceed, remove the media card just as a safety.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
inshu

Password was in alpha-charaters. All data and fotos save. Thank You very much
JSanders

Excellent! Thanks for the follow up.

Knowledge Base Updates