Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: The Mobile Store

Pathetic Performance of Blackberry 9790 and Deplorable Service of Blackberry Customer Support

Hi,

I have a new Blackberry 9790 handset which I purchased in late October 2012. The original handset that I bought used to give me just 3 hours battery life and heat up during regular texting and voice calling.

I got the store, from which I had bought this set, to replace it(the Redington Service Centre people had given me a DOA certificate) with another 9790 handset which (after a week of usage) started facing automatic shutdowns during calls. The new set showed a meager improvement of about an hour regarding its battery life but even in standby, with data services off, it gave not more than 6 hours. The Redington Service Centre professionals suggested me updating the OS to the new 7.1 claiming that this would solve all the issues with my handset. But, to my utter dismay, this did NOT help. On top of that, the phone started to hang a lot and I had to reboot it several times.

I gave it back to the Redington Service Centre and they offered to replace the phone with a new handset (not battery) . Now I have finally gotten this handset but, still, the above mentioned problems persist. Additionally, during calls, the phone utters a loud beep and switches off automatically(when the battery shows 80% charge). When I contacted the service centre again, they suggested I update my OS (since the new device is still running on the 7.0 version).

I seek an immediate redressal from the company's local office in Chennai. Is this the performance that I should EXPECT from a new smartphone for which I have paid 27,000 INR ? Am I being deliberately handed over faulty devices ? I run a business and consequently, travel a lot. My main usage is just texting and e-mailing. I have already started facing problems in my business due to the inconsistency of this handset.

As of today, I need to charge my handset for at least 4 times in a day, even if I just use it for texting. Moreover, it gets tremendously heated up during usage and it is impossible to even bring it close to the ear while talking.

Please help me ! I cannot help feeling that I have been conned and a victim of a scam. It has been 3 months since I bought the 1st handset and not even a single day has passed when I haven't been agitated.

Ashank Chandra