Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
delbrit
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Etisalat

Permanent Horizontal Line through my screen - please help!!

Hello All, Really very frustrated and sad as I have just purchased a brand new Blackberry bold 9900 in march and the phone was fine until last week a horizontal line appeared across my screen just above my time and below my carrier.. At first it came and went and now it's permanent and I don't know what to do?? Can anyone help or advise - is anybody else facing the same problem? Thanks Del
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Permanent Horizontal Line through my screen - please help!!

Hi delbrit,

Welcome to the Community,

Try a Simple Hard Reboot of your Device i;e. While the Device is Powered On remove the Battery wait a min. then

again reinsert it back wait till device Reboots.See if that Horizontal line goes of .Do Let Us Know.

Good Luck

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
delbrit

Hi Prince, Thanks but I have tried that a couple of times today with no luck the line is still there when it reboots!! Wat else can I do :smileysad: Wat could be the cause - for sure I'm very careful and haven't dropped or banged my phone anywhere
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi delbrit ,

As you told you take good care of your device then I think the problem may be because of only two reasons

Frist : any third party apps which is conflicting with your device OS or Secondly a defect within the Device Screen.

What do you say ?

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
delbrit

Hi Prince Thanks again well it could be the third party apps I may have installed a couple should I try and delete them?? Otherwise I think it's a defective device!! How can I delete the third party apps? Thanks
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi delbrit,

Don't delete then all at a time try the one that you installed recently which you may think be the culprit  after which your problem began.To remove a application Go to Options > device > application Managment > there you can see all your applications.Also remember to do a hard reboot after each uninstall O.K  also please have a look at this article How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone .Try it and let us know.

Good Luck

prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
delbrit

Hi Prince Really appreciate all the help but I've deleted the coupe that I had installed then waited did a hard reset but nothing so my final conclusion is it could be a defective piece! I have been reading and was able to find a couple of people with the same problem i think (attached link) http://boardreader.com/thread/Bold_9900_Screen_defect_permanent_horizo_yalsuXeetv.html If you can advise me what to do next would be great as I a, very disappointed and nothing seems to be working just wish I cud get that **bleep** line of my phone now :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi delbrit,

As on my second post I told you the two reasons that I think are responsible, As you told it a new device

just a couple of month so the better option is to go to your carrier or device provider and settle it out, if you have the Warrenty , if it has crossed the warrenty period then it is different .

Good Luck and let us know.

Take Care

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
delbrit

Hi Well here is where my problem arises we don't get phones from our service provider so we buy the handset from a dealer!! It's still within the 1 year warranty but I took it in and that asking me to pay 500 to replace the whole screen I just paid 2000 for the phone :smileysad: Can I not write to RIM regarding this issue and make a complain??
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi delbrit ,

Again here also the problem began you can't go directly, to approach you have to go through your

Dealer or Service provider But I can't understand why will you pay 500 when you are still under warranty ,go and ask them.But if you want to approach RIM you can go and tell them to escalate  it to RIM. 

But don't pay right now without any try,you can try by reloading your device OS.

Prince

Please use plain text.