Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Bold 9780 and a Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Phantom playlists?

Hi there,

I have an odd thing happening with my music sync.  Sorry this note is a little long, but I want to be as clear as I can and provide relevant details.

I have a BlackBerry Bold 9780, running OS 6.0 Bundle 2949.  The unit tells me its up to date (Options>Device>Software updates).  My phone holds a 2GB SanDisk media card.

I use BB Desktop Software (version 7.1) to transfer songs from my PC to my phone via iTunes. All songs go to the media card.  I have done this frequently over the past few months as I add new songs to my iTunes library and then put them onto my phone.

A while ago, when the phone was not connected to the PC, I created two playlists on the phone, one I called "Chill", the other untitled.  I added a bunch of songs to them. They worked fine.  I decided after a while to change the playlists, so I deleted them (by selecting the playlist, pressing the delete button, and when prompted by confirming that I wanted the playlist deleted).  At that stage I decided to delete all music from the phone and re-install the songs so that I could get album art for all songs onto the phone too. New songs and artwork transferred to the phone successfully, no problems.

I decided to create a new "Chill" playlist.  But when I typed in the name "Chill" for the new playlist, the phone tells me that there is already a playlist with that name.  So I checked. When I select the "Hide home music" option, the phone indicates there are 0 playlists available.  When I select "Show home music" there are 7 playlists, all dimmed. Five of these have a padlock symbol, and match the 5 playlists that are kind of part of the iTunes software (i.e. "Recently added", "Recently played", "Top 25 most played".  I understand that those are on my "home" library and can be selected to be downloaded via Wi-fi sync or USB. 

But the other two dimmed playlists are the two I created but deleted ("Chill" and the untitled one).  Those are not on iTunes.  I have searched my PC and the phone / media card for .m3u files (none found) and for any folders or files called Chill (none found).

Can anyone help?  How do I get rid of those bloody dimmed playlists I wanted to delete?  Where are these phantom playlists hiding? Its so frustrating!

Thank you folks.

I want to have my Z10's babies.