Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

Phone. Of working abroad stating insert sim

I am currently on holiday and have never had a problem using my phone abroad. When I arrived I searched for a new network and connected fine. I was able to send a text then an hour later my phone comes up with the message insert sim. It then asks me to enter my bb ID which I do but it states it's the wrong password which it's not. Last option wipe all data and reset factory settings which I do thinking this might help but no. So now I have a phone with no numbers or messages on still stating insert sim. I have taken sim out etc and replaced. It's in there! Anyone have any ideas? Why is it stating insert sim? It worked fine and then stopped for no reason? Who are the best people to call? Or is the phone broken? Will the phone work when i return home?I havent dropped it or damaged the phone. This is very frustrating as I need to use my phone. I would be grateful for any suggestions. Thanks
Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Phone. Of working abroad stating insert sim

Hello, Jamesstrundley

If possible try testing sim card in a different phone making sure the sim card didn't go bad.
While you have sim card out check to make sure all the sim pins are still attached.