Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790

Phone Problem - Random restart and red light

I have been dealing with this problem for 6 months now and there has been no fix that has been successful. My phone will shut off at any random time. Simetimes it will restart other times it will completely shut off. If it restarts sometimes it will continue to restart other times it will work for a minute or two then restart. If it completely shuts off I have to pull out the battery to get it to restart. The only way I can keep it running most of the time is keeping it plugged in. I have received advice from Rogers staff to remove all of the software by removing the SIM card + plugging it into BB desktop software and then reinstalling the factory specs. Additionally I have tried JL_Cmder and tried wiping it that way. 

Please let me know any constructive fixes or likely issues that are causing this. There has been no water damage to this phone.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2

Re: Phone Problem - Random restart and red light

Ttocs_Wilkerson wrote:

I have been dealing with this problem for 6 months now and there has been no fix that has been successful. My phone will shut off at any random time. Simetimes it will restart other times it will completely shut off. If it restarts sometimes it will continue to restart other times it will work for a minute or two then restart. If it completely shuts off I have to pull out the battery to get it to restart. The only way I can keep it running most of the time is keeping it plugged in. I have received advice from Rogers staff to remove all of the software by removing the SIM card + plugging it into BB desktop software and then reinstalling the factory specs. Additionally I have tried JL_Cmder and tried wiping it that way. 

Please let me know any constructive fixes or likely issues that are causing this. There has been no water damage to this phone.

Hello Ttocs_Wilkerson,

May I ask, what OS version installed on your BlackBerry?

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

New Contributor

New Contributor

What are the chances this could just be a bad battery? It seems to work fine whenever it is plugged in.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2

Ttocs_Wilkerson wrote:

What are the chances this could just be a bad battery? It seems to work fine whenever it is plugged in.

Maybe. Get a thin card that fits at the back of the battery. Observed if still switching off by itself.

Thanks.

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"