Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

gow
New Contributor
My Device: q10

Phone locked

I bought a factory unlocked international edition phone from Amazon. When I booted the phone this morning with my ATT card, it said your phone is locked you need to enter unlock code. And amazon asked me to come here.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2243; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Phone locked

They told you wrong.  Nobody here can unlock your phone.  You will need to purchase an unlock code from a reputable unlocking vendor.  I recommend unlock.berryreview.com

Also, I notice you have your phone number listed in your profile. It is unwise to post your phone number there for all the Internet world to see and possibly harvest for spam use. At the top of the page click on My Settings and go to personal information and remove your phone number.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
gow
New Contributor

How can I konw which carrier my phone is locked to?

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2243; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

When you turn the device off, without the sim card, does it have a splash screen with a brand name on it or does it just say "BlackBerry10"?

To be honest, I would return it. If it said it was "factory unlocked" they lied or sent you the wrong device. It's obviously not factory unlocked and who knows what you have. Plus, It's going to cost you close to $40 to get an unlock code for it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru I

We might be able to figure out what carrier brand it is by doing the following:

Open the browser.

In the URL field type:  escreen:\\

When asked if ou want to open the link  with Diagnositc Screens click "OK"

What is the Vendor ID?

gow
New Contributor

Vendor ID: 0

Guru I

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Not telling us much. My Q10 says the same thing.

If you go to Settings >Security and Privacy >Sim Card what does it say under Phone Network Lock?
gow
New Contributor

You need one or more MEP to use this phone.

Guru I

Does it list anything as already being unlocked? 

On my unlocked Z10 it shows:

Network: Unlocked

Network Subset: Unlocked

Service Provider: Unlocked.

On my locked TMobile Q10 it shows:

"Network" doesn't show so that's what's still locked.

gow
New Contributor

Network: Locked