Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
jimfavre
My Device: BOLD 9700

Phone's ring too quiet

Help, I need a really LOUD RING TONE.  Frankly Blackberry's ring tones are not loud to begin and by the time I hear it I often do not get to the phone before the caller either hangs up or is sent to voice mail. I receive only two or three calls a day but, they're usually important ones I want to speak with as soon as they come in. The phone ring is set to LOUD and after testing the available ring tones, the conventional phone bell remix is the best ring tone for audibility but, still falls short  In general. The ring of an incoming call is easily obscured by ambient noise and has little range if left on my desk.. I WANT LOUD like a Western Elecric bakelight cased desk phone, double electro-magnetic brass bell loud. I have not compaired my Blackberry to another Blackberry to see if there is a defect. Can anyone suggest a downloadable ring tone fot high noise environments?

Thanks, Jim

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Phone's ring too quiet

I can't recommend a specific ringtone to you but I will recommend wearing your phone in a holster of some sort and putting it to Vibrate as well as ring.

I sometimes carry my phone in my pocket, under layers of clothing and am happy to be able to feel it as well as hear it.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Visitor
PeterB49
My Device: Storm2 9550

Hello Jimfavre,

You can  use a wave editing programs like WavePad Sound Editor, Audacity 2.0.2 or Cool Edit Pro (My favourite because of its wide range of editing features) to pump up the db level of your favourite song clip you have saved on your phone or pc. Connect your BB to your PC, access the song clip in your BB music folder or your My Documents Music folder. Edit the song clip (I have used a 10db increase) and save the edited file to your BB music folder, or use drop and paste.  I use Cool Edit Pro, but you can use any wave editing program you are familiar with. You can tweek it until you get it to the level you want but remember the loud speaker can only handle short periods of this increased audio signal level. Also you may encounter a bit of distortion. But you may be able to adjust the peak leves in the wave form during editing plus some equalizer enhancement to get it just right. Keep the frequencies from 100hz down to 20hz set very low. I used to do sound editing for concerts, meetings and also the music in mp3 and wma format for my 1100watt car stereo.

I hope this info helps.

Peter

Blackberry Storm2 9550. Version5.0.0.1015
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

you can also download a lound ringtone here:
http://www.zedge.net/ringtones/0-6-1-loud/
from a PC.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: