Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Phone will not turn on BB Bold 9000

My 9000 will not turn on. The red indicator light comes on and stays on for approx 1 minute.

The screen then switches to white battery with a red "X" through it.

I have tried other batteries that were verified to be good with the same results.

I have tried other wall chagers with the same results.

I have repeatedly left the phone on charge for several hours, removed the battery and replaced it after a few moments with the same results.

This issue started after the battery became very depleted after leaving the phone on bedside mode overnight. The phone had been operating without any issues up until this point. It is approx 2 1/2 years old.

All my contacts are on the phone and have not been backed up or saved on the sim card.

Does anyone have any suggestions to power up the phone so I can at least download my contacts?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Phone will not turn on BB Bold 9000

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Given what you describe, I deduce there to be no hope...nothing can get your BB to start given what you describe. And all remaining recovery tricks would wipe the BB clean as part of the recovery, and your data will be lost. It seems to me that, no matter what, this old saying will apply to you:

• There are two kinds of computing device users -- those who have lost data, and those who will

I fear you are about to migrate from the latter to the former. Backups, quite simply, are not an optional activity.

Let us know if you want some of the drastic (data destroying) recovery tools to try...

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: Tunisie Telecom

Hello did some body have a solution for my catastrophic please?

My BB don't turn on just blinking red light 4 times

1Windows (XP sp3 pro )

Plug in the BB via USB

Windows detects blackberry and installs driver.

BB Desktop Manger does not detect BB 

BB Device Manager does not detect BB

Tried running Apploader directly - get device unknown and it stalls on searching for ARM device

Tried JL_Cmder v1.9.0 - select any option - com error

Tried Blackberry MCP - detects device as 'PIN 0' but cannot perform any task on it (get the equivalent of cannot connect)

Also Tried

Charging both the original and new battery overnight via the mains charger

Contributor
My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Hi widefox,

I think I know what happened and what you need to do with your concern. I know because I had the same prob just a few weeks ago.But first what Sdgardne said prior to your last response was true.-- SAD but TRUE.

You may wanna check on this thread : " Re: BB Bold 9900 just wont charge. " There I explained the situation, what I've tried and what worked. basically, it's the same as yours.

Currently I have my new replacement phone and just like you, I've lost quite a few files ( pics to office templates because I failed to back up. If you have BB Protect, it automatically backs up your data but not your BBM contacts just retrieve once you have a working phone back. As for DM, lucky if you have done even once, I did but it was only a year back, so yeah, that was a big lesson learned for me.