If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

ckj
ckj
My Device: Blackberry Bold (9000)
My Carrier: Rogers

Photos, Videos, and Ringtones Wiped! Please help!

Hi all,

My Blackberry is synced with my work email account through an Enterprise Server. Our work email was recently Novell Groupwise, but we converted last week to Microsoft Office. To complete the conversion, I had to give our IT department my Blackberry so that the conversion could be done.

When I got my BB back, all of my photos, videos, and ringtones were gone. Furious, I emailed our IT guy who assured me that they backed up our BBs before updating so he would check. Then I got an apologetic email from him saying that my backup file showed 0 content for photos or ringtones, etc. Apparently he spoke with Blackberry support who told him that my internal memory "may have been damaged".

I am not impressed. Yes, I should have backed up all of the content on my Blackberry, so I know I'm going to get a scolding from some people instead of suggestion. For those of you who aren't going to make me feel dumber than I am..

Is there ANY way to recover my photos and videos?? I've been surfing the web and some sites offer photo recovery software for photos deleted from a Blackberry. Would those work if the photos have been wiped (rather than intentionally deleted)? I'm desperate. Typically any content I keep on my phone is absolutely worthless to me, but there are about 2 or 3 photos on my phone that are important to me that I'd really like to get back.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,872
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Photos, Videos, and Ringtones Wiped! Please help!

Were the photos stored IN the phone device memory OR on the inserted Media Card?

Converting your email should not have deleted or wiped the device memory or hte Media Card.

But to answer your question... if the images were on the device memory, they're gone. You'd spend thousands getting recovery on the BlackBerry device memory.

The Media Card is another question, it is simple FAT memory and if they were deleted there, you MIGHT be able to view the Media Card and use and undelete function or app to recover the images. But you need to know where you are looking for the images first.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shagie
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: dhl

Re: Photos, Videos, and Ringtones Wiped! Please help!

I changed the password of my phone some days ago and all of a sudden I forgot the new password, I waited for days but didn't still remember the new one. I entered the password I guessed it could be but my chances keeps running out until a friend told me that if I entered the password 10 times my fone was going to wipe but my pictures videos and media will remain which he assured me. After the wipe my phone was empty the media was gone. All I care for is my pictures I have my final year lab work project pictures on it please any software I can use to get back those pictures, they are so important to me I don't care about the text, emails, contacts and so on I just want back my pictures
Please use plain text.