Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

hartmann1962
My Device: Not Specified

Photos showing up as a folder icon wiht a .rem extension

[ Edited ]
When I look at my photos in Media Manager, two of them display properly, and I can move them -- they have a .jpg extension. The rest of my photos all display as a folder icon, and I can't move them -- they have a .jpg.rem extension. I'm new to using the camera on my Blackberry.
Message Edited by hartmann1962 on 03-21-2009 10:14 AM
New Developer
brandonnesbitt
My Device: 9800

Re: Photos showing up as a folder icon with a .rem extension

The files that have the .rem are encrypted. There is a setting in the memory card options to enable encryption. Are you on a BES server?  If so the IT policy might have been changed to enable encryption. If not then you have the ability to disable the encryption if you like. Once the files have been encrypted they will stay encrypted, so the best thing to do is copy all your files off the media card.  To do this you need to use the Media Manager application that is part of the Desktop Manager program. When you move the files from the card to your computer the encryption will be removed.  After you have verified that you have moved all the files to the computer then you can delete all the files that are on the card.

If you enable mass storage mode option that is in the memory card options then you will be able to hook up the phone via a usb cable and access the memory card via a windows explorer drive letter.  After you have this setup then you can move all your files back to the card. If you turned off the encryption, then from this point on your files will not be stored with the .rem extension.

Please click the "kudos" in my post if I was able to help you on this issue.
Please mark thread as resolved if I was able to fix the issue!!