Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Flor_entyna
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

Pin blocked Blackberry Bold 9900

Hello,

I have a problem with my Blackberry Bold 9900. A few weeks ago I have received a new Blackberry Bold 9900.But when I went with it to an Orange store so they could activate me the Blackberry service plan on it, they've told me they couldn't do it because the phone had been registered in another network from abroad and the PIN of the phone it's blocked and that i could never use it with its applications but as a regular cell phone. I tried to get in touch with the carrier from which my father bought it, but I couldn't reach him.
   Could you please help me?
The identification numbers of the phone are:
PIN:27E0E177
IMEI:356841.04.004391.8
     I forgot to mention I am from Romania.
Please, if you can at least give me a solution to my problem.I would like to use the Blackberry services on this phone very much.
I look forward hearing from you soon.
Yours sincerely,
    Istrate Florentina
JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Pin blocked Blackberry Bold 9900

Sorry, only the mobile provider who has the PIN blocked can remove it.

Did they say the PIN was blocked/suspended, or did they say the PIN was still registered with another provider?

If the latter, they can release the PIN. Often it is not released because the former owner has not asked them to do so, or has not paid a remaining bill or such.

But, there's nothing anyone here can do. RIM won't unblock a device that a carrier as blocked. This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. 

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Flor_entyna

Thank you:smileyhappy:

Flor_entyna

They've said that the phone is registered abroad only because they couldn't activate the Blackberyy service plan and when i tried to create a BIS account it said that the Internet Service has been deactivated. That means that the people from Orange could do something about it?

JSanders

Hopefully so. Whoever had the last BlackBerry service on it needs to call that mobile provider and ask them to release the PIN from that old account.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
ttmarfa
My Device: blackberry9900bold

I'm in the same situation, it is disapointing, I think this is the last bb I will have. I was verry pleased until now, I had 8900,9800 and now with the 9900 I can't acces nothing. This way in time bb will defenetly lose clinets. For the first time I hate this smartphone. I hope that other company will make a better qwerty smartphone and i will give up bb.
JSanders

ttmarfa you're posting in a 16 month old thread. What is your issue?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
ttmarfa
My Device: blackberry9900bold

My issue is the same that Flor_entyna has, i didn't open a new thread because you explain clearly that is no solution for my problem. I don't know in what network my device's account was bloked, I bought the phone second hand. My network provider explained that I can't conect to internet because the pin and imei is blocked in a foreign network and the only way to solve this problem is to contact that network and ask them to relase the pin if possible, this to me sounds ridiculous. In my opinion it should be a list with all bb devices bloked and all the networks must update that list every 24 hours. This way when I buy a bb I could check it before I buy it. But this doesn't serve the interes of bb company because they will encourage to buy allways new devices not second hand. Anyway, if anybody has a different opinion/sugestion I would be glad to hear it.
Contributor
chaterx
My Device: 9900

Hello all,

I had same situation with 9900.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/What-do-vendor-id-1-mean/td-p/2388241

I changed my smartphone and now all work as soon as must do.

Seller said that this was defective party. But I think that this is false.