Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Cytamobile Vodafone

Please Help - Big problem with update os 7.1.0.342!!!!!!

Dear all, I recently updated to 7.1.0.342 through my carriers website. I followed every single step and everything seemed to going well up to the point i got the error message 507 and that i should reinstall the software. I disconnected the phone and looked for a solution to the problem. I read on some forum that i should have deleted the vendor.xml file and run the loader. I did exactly that and I succeeded with the update. However the following happened: - All the emails from my 4 email accounts dissapeared (The accounts were there however) - All my sms dissapeared - All my contacts dissapeared - All apps dissapeared - All videos and photos dissapeared This update basically wiped out all of my data. Is there a solution to recover all these as before???? Please i need your help. Thank you in advanced!!!!
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Please Help - Big problem with update os 7.1.0.342!!!!!!

If you didn't use blackberry protect or backed up your information using the desktop manager before the upgrade, its gone with the exception of online email, contacts and calendar.  You'll have to setup your email accounts again.

My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Actually, that's incorrect.  If the device got to the 507 point during the loader process on the computer then therocess made a backup.  

It sounds like you didn't give the process enough time.  just plug the device back into the pc and do the following: 

Navigate to c:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader.  

Double click on loader.exe and run through the process.  It should load the os back to the device.  

Once that is done and the device is back up open desktop manager and restore the backup file it made. During the original loading process.  You may have to look for it but it usually puts it in My Documents.  

John

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

I also have that back up file in "My Documents" - LoaderBackup-(xxxx-xx-xx).bbb

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Cytamobile Vodafone

Yes that's true. I found the loaderbackup.bbb in My Documents but it was a bit tricky to restore it in my phone as the DM didnt recognize the.bbb extenion. So I downloaded a different DM as recommended but some threats i found and everything worked perfect. Problem Solved!!!!!! Smiley Happy I have everything back on my phone now and with the lateste update.

p.s. Mobile Hotspot is great Smiley Happy

Thank you all for your help!!!!