Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Barbados1991
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: 02
Accepted Solution

Please help, I went to switch my Blackberry Bold 9900 phone off in the usual way and tried to cancel by touching a random key to cancel but now my screen has frozen and I can't do anything and the message remains on screen sayin '! Turning Device Off'. I am so upset.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Please help, I went to switch my Blackberry Bold 9900 phone off in the usual way and tried to cancel by touching a random key to cancel but now my screen has frozen and I can't do anything and the message remains on screen sayin '! Turning Device Off'. I am so upset.

Hi Barbados1991

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Have you tried a Battery Pull Restart ? Please do it like this While your device is POWERED ON remove the Battery wait for a min. then re-insert it back .After reboot you can try Turning your device Off .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
JohnPiz
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Please help, I went to switch my Blackberry Bold 9900 phone off in the usual way and tried to cancel by touching a random key to cancel but now my screen has frozen and I can't do anything and the message remains on screen sayin '! Turning Device Off'. I am so upset.

did u try removing the battery

Barbados1991

Thank you prince2012, so relieved. I was so upset I felt like my right arm had been removed!!! You're a star. All the best for the New Year 2013 x 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Barbados1991

:Clap: Thanks JohnPiz....worked...back in the real wopld. Whatever did we do before Smartphones!! All the best for 2013 x

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Barbados1991 wrote:

Thank you prince2012, so relieved. I was so upset I felt like my right arm had been removed!!! You're a star. All the best for the New Year 2013 x 

Hi Barbados1991

You are most welcome ... Thanks !  and also my best wishes for the year 2013 to you and your family.:smileyvery-happy:

Cheers ! 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.