Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Aydin7
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: aydin

Please help

I always get this message when i try to update my BB bold 9700, also do you need to pay/subscribe to get OS6+

A connection to the device could not be established. Please ensure that the device is properly connected to the cradle or USB cable, and that the cradle or USB cable is connected securely to your computer. Also ensure that the device has completed any startup operations. Then run the Application Loader Wizard again.

If you can help/had same problem share. Thanks all:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Aydin7

Re: Please help

Would also like to add this also happens when i click the 'applications' section showing the following
A connection to the device could not be established. Please ensure that the device is properly connected to the cradle or USB cable, and that the cradle or USB cable is connected securely to your computer. Also ensure that the device has completed any startup operations. Then run the Application Loader Wizard again.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
togar
My Device: 9780

[ Edited ]

well. i joined this forum due to unsuccesfull upgrade my wife's 9700 to os 6. trying to find solution here but still not getting any.

first of all, which version of blackberry desktop software you use? you should get the latest version available before trying to upgrade os. i was asked to upgrade the software first before i can upgrade the os. im using 6.1.0.35

second, can you sync your data to your PC/laptop using the data cable? if you also cant do this, then problem might lies on the cable or the USB socket in your device or in PC/laptop used.

hope above help

your "thumb" would be appriciated if you find my post helpful
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Aydin7

Thanks m8, went on my laptop instead and found out the cable is kind do funny : / its not to stable so had to get it straight thanks any way!

Do you know any thing about Bbm contacts not showing I had sent a few requests none of which my friends have received.

Thanks again :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
togar
My Device: 9780

i did have same experience with sending request but not seen but dont know how to solve it. you can either ask your friend to add you instead or try to send "PIN" message to your friend. if the PIN message received, it should also means that the two device can communicate using blackberry service, not only sms or call.

your "thumb" would be appriciated if you find my post helpful
Please use plain text.