Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
MANOJKUMAR
My Device: Not Specified

Please help!!

I have the blackberry bold and what I did is I put all my cutomers in a group called "customers".  These details include the customers names, addresses, email, mobile and dob.

Questions:

1. I managed to send a sms to my "customers" group and they all received my offer.  But when I then try to email the same group as for some customers I only have their email addresses, an error "uncaught exception application net_rim_bb messsaging-app(455) is not responding:smileytongue:rocess terminated." displayed.

Why is this? Is it that I have too many email addresses?  I have 2000 customers.

2. Is there a way I could get a reminder so that Im informed whos birthday is when without going into contacts?

3. Finally, how can I get rid of the "sent by my bb" signature

Would appreciate all help as this is doing my head in.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Please help!!

Find the below answers -

1. While creating group you've used all of the group members mobile number not by email address. That's why you device couldn't make successful communicationa and gave you mentioned error. To get rid of it make  a group with email ID and then send email.

2.  To get reminder you need to reminder notification in your device. adding birthday info in address book will not ensure any sorts of notifications.

3. If you want to change signature and you're with BIS subscription then log on to your carrier's BIS site. Once logges in then go to Email Accounts under Settings menu on the left. Under each Valid Email Account you'll find your desired mail ID, click on Edit button and go to signature and change/type in your message. You can set different signature for each of your mail ID.

If you're on BES then go to Messages -> Options -> Email Settings -> type in your desired signature under Use Auto Signature.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.