Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

lucy2017
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

Please please please help...problem with buttons on bold 9900

[ Edited ]

I have had my Bold 9900 for about 3 weeks now, and have had the same problem since i got it. However recently i feel as though it is getting worse and its annoying me worse.

Here are the buttons that aren't working:

-When pressing the trackpad to select something

-The A button

-The answering calls button

-The menu button (with the BB logo on it)

And you have to press hard twice on the back button and phone decline button for them to work.

Occasianally these buttons work perfectly, and they can work for an hour fine, and then all of a sudden they don't again which is why i think its something to do with the software rather than the hardware. It didn't used to happen often, but now they barely work at all.

I have rebooted the phone a number of times but that never solves it. I have upgraded the OS - that didn't solve

it. I have reinstalled the update, and neither did that.

Its annoying how i have to rely on the touchscreen so much, and i have to paste the a.

Is their any other solutions i could try? Is this a common problem?

If theirs no solution, then how can i contact blackberry to try and resolve my problem?

Thankyou:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Please please please help...problem with buttons on bold 9900

The solutions you've tried are the ones that I usually suggest to users:  Battery pull, reload same OS, reload new OS.  If none of those solutions have worked for you, it's time to give Orange a ring.  Explain what you've done so far and tell them nothing has worked.  If you've had the phone for only 3 weeks, you should be entitled to a replacement device.  If you follow that route, make sure you do a data backup with BlackBerry Desktop Software and BlackBerry Protect before handing over your phone.

I strongly doubt you'll get any different advice from other users so I would suggest going ahead with that as soon as possible.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.