Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
mecha274
My Device: 9900

Please reply a.s.a.p.

Hello, I know that this is a user-to-user forum, but maybe some of you know how to help me with this issue. I've sent the following e-mail to help@rim.com but it bounced back:

Hello,
I'm from Argentina, I purchased my Blackberry 9900 on February 15th 2012 in Falabella Retail and it only worked 3 months. One day it turned off while charging and now it only turns on the red light on the right upper part of the device.
I lost all the photos and videos of a trip, which meant a lot to me.
I have an online receipt of the purchase, which I've attached to this email.
The price I paid for the Blackberry was $ 159,990 (Chilean pesos), which equals to USD 336.29.
The receipt shows two Blackberries purchased, but the one that I'm referring to is the following:
685413014756 - Blackberry9900 - $ 159990 - BB9900358567044871966
From May until now, I've been unsuccessfully trying to find a solution to this problem, but there isn't an official Blackberry service center here in Argentina. I need an urgent reply since the RIM warranty will expire next February 15th and I spent a high amount of money for a cellphone that only worked 3 months.
I'd appreciate that you help me with this matter as soon as possible, either replacing my Blackberry for a new one or giving me the money back.
Thank you in advance,
Mercedes Ramos
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Please reply a.s.a.p.

hello,

as far as I know your point of contact, to activate the RIM warranty, is the point of purchase. So go to Falabella Retail, and demand that they take care of the device. Either for an exchange, or to execute the RIM warranty.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: