Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
Accepted Solution

Pls Help!!!!! 9900 pings and bbm normal message not delivering to Z10 and Q10.

I need a serious help here asap, I can't reach all of my friends using Q10 and Z10 through bbm normal message on my 9900....It will always bring X anything I try sending them a nomal bbm message and Pings. I will receive their own message, but my own won't just deliver to them, I will also see their pm updates and the will see mine too.  Pls help me out.

Elite II
My Device: Curve

Re: Pls Help!!!!! 9900 pings and bbm normal message not delivering to Z10 and Q10.

Hello tooblackish

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Sorry for the trouble , but I had noticed this same issue with few other users , who were unable to send any pings to any BlackBerry 10 Device from there BlackBerry 7 devices . 

To resolve your issue I would suggest re-installing BlackBerry Messenger !  To do that On On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device >  Application Management > Locate and delete BlackBerry Messenger from there. After deleting do a Battery Pull Restart like this device Powered On remove the battery wait a min. then re-insert it back .

KB10040  :  How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

Finally after reboot use your BlackBerry Browser and  browse to www.blackberry.com/bbmdownload  and download the most recent available for your device model. If device prompt for a restart do it then login with your same BlackBerry ID .

Try it and let us know how it goes.

Please Note :

If you're having BBM7 or higher then your BBM Contacts are integrated with your BlackBerry ID , after installing when you login with your BlackBerry ID your Contacts will be restored back , but if you're having any previous persion then first do a local backup , you can backup in your Media card, refer to this KB for further  help

KB20554 How to back up and restore the BlackBerry Messenger contact list

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Re: Pls Help!!!!! 9900 pings and bbm normal message not delivering to Z10 and Q10.

Thanks, I will surely do that and get back to you.

New Contributor

Thanks so much,,,,It worked.

Elite II
My Device: Curve

Hi there,

You are most welcome... Enjoy BBM :smileyhappy:

Cheers !

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.