Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
sgorjski
My Device: Bold 9930

Post to Facebook from Blackberry posting not posting for public viewing...why?

I've used my BB Bold to post to Facebook using the application for well over a year without a problem.  But about 2 months ago when I started making posts to facebook, checking in, or eve posting a picture to Facebook from my phone, they always post to my account as vieweable by "only me" (meaning private). 

I haven't changed any settings on my phone or my FB account, and I've even gone back through all my settings to confirm that nothing is set to "only me".  Everything is set to be viewable by my "friends".  I've changed each individual post on my account to be viewable by my friends, and someone told me that it should fix the problem and every post from then on would be viewable by my FB friends, but that isn't the case.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this would have happened and how I can fix it?  It's truly making me crazy!!

Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Post to Facebook from Blackberry posting not posting for public viewing...why?

Hello sgorjski and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with the Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones application.

What version of the Facebook app are you using? 

When you go to post a status, when you click on the Padlock icon to the left of Post, what is the setting displaying? Are you able to select Friends from the list? If so, does the post become viewable to your friends?

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
sgorjski

Re: Post to Facebook from Blackberry posting not posting for public viewing...why?

Thanks for the reply hmthepirate!

I'm not sure which version of the FB app I'm using - I've poked around and can't see where that information is provided, but I can say when I stated having his issue I deleted the app and reinstalled it just in case that was causing the problem.

When I post an item from my BB it will show up on my FB with the slashed lines around it (showing that it's private content and now showing on my page).  The Padlock also show's private for anything I post from my BB.  I am then able to select to have my friends view it and it does become visible to my friends, but I have to do all that from my computer which means that I can post something and hours later when I get to my computer I can finally make it visible, which kind of defeats the purpose of a smart phone!  ;-)  

Any thoughts or suggestions??

Retired
hmthepirate

You can find the app version by going to Options>Device>Application Management.

On your device, in the app, before you post your status, what does it say when you click on the Padlock icon? If it does not say Friends are you able to change it to friends? 

-HMthePirate

New Contributor
sgorjski

Ahhh, so my Facebook version is 3.3.0.11

Regarding the padlock on my post - it says friends.  That's why I couldn't figure out why it wasn't posting to my friends....so odd! 

I haven't posted since I reinstalle FB....let me try that now....

Good news, it seems to be working fine now - of coruse I'll never know why it was doing it before, but I really do appreicate your willingness to help! 

And now I know where to find my app versions!  :Yes:

Retired
hmthepirate

Glad to hear it's posting normally.

If the setting on your device was set to Only Me before you deleted it, that could explain why it wasn't posting for your friends.

Let us know if you have any further questions :smileyhappy:

-HMthePirate