Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Predictive Text

Normally when using a blackberry when typing in the To: Field or the CC: Field the device uses predictive text to search through your contacts and find a contact name or email address that matches what you are typing.

I currently have a BOLD and when I type in these fields composing a normal email the device does not use predictive text to search for the person, contact or email in my contacts.

HOWEVER When i take a picture with the bold camera and send it to someone as an email (in the cameras application) the device does use the predictive text to search through my contacts for matching contact details.

MY QUESTION: HOW DO I TURN ON PREDICTIVE TEXT WHEN SENDING EMAILS.

IN THE to and cc FIELD I WOULD LIKE IT TO SEARCH MY CONTACTS FOR EMAILS OR NAMES THAT MATCH WHAT I AM TYPING SO I CAN AVOID TYPING THE ENTIRE EMAIL ADDRESS AND THEN @ whatever .com/.net etc etc

It would be much appreciated if someone could help!!!!!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Predictive Text

What version of the OS?   Look in Options >About
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get 15% off a new BlackBerry device from ShopBlackberry! Use discount code vj7wgxj9w (Limited time only!!!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE

Re: Predictive Text

Try doing a battery pull. My Bold stopped looking up names in the address book in that way and the reset seemed to fix it. As far as I can tell there's no turn on/off setting. It should happen automatically.