Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
My Device: tmobile 9900
My Carrier: simple mobile

Problem booting 2 bold 9930 red light spinning

hi i got 2 bolds 9930 verizon models from my friend and both are stuck on rebooting and they only show red led notification light,they were both arent in used for a long period of time,i charge the battery 5-6h but still i cant booth them again red light,i also tried to change he battery (from 9900) battery was full chargde and it works on 9900 but still both 9930 are not booting,when i connect them to laptop and open desktop manager,manager can open and recognize them but i cant update or reload software or anything to do is there any safe solution for this thanks

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Problem booting 2 bold 9930 red light spinning

I had that happen to me, which scared the hell out of me because I thought my phone was junk and lost everything, but after removing and reinstalling the battery a couple times it came back to life.

Contributor

i charged overnight but still same,so should i pull battery every few hours and continue charging day by day or?

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

I did not have to wait that long.  I did it a couple times within 10 minutes.  As long as you don't think the battery is dead.  I know you said you have also been charging it but I noticed my BB Bold is picky on what charger I use so I stick to the original BB charger.  Some mini usb chargers won't charge the battery.

Contributor

i know but i also try fully charged battery from same bold 9900 and its the same i have 3rd 9930 which i put 9900 battery in and 3rd 9930 works but this two no way,is there anyone with more knowledge that can point me little deeper

Contributor

Please can anyone help me to solve this problem,i have tried to use app loader and reload software (before i installed proper device software for blackbery smartphone) but i cant get recognized by loader both 9930,i also delete wendor files,i also try to reload and wipe os on bbh tools same problem bbhtools cant see both phones it ask me to unplug and use other usb port i have change 3 different usb ports and they all work im aure because i just reloaded software on the same usb port for 9630-9650 please help with this