Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Diwakarsoni
My Device: BB 9700

Problem in sending Text Message to a single Contact

Hi Everyone.

I am a newbie for BB & recently brought a 9700 Bold. The problem I am facing is when I send any text message on forward any text message to my friends it sometime ask select SMS contact & when I type in the name it takes that. But now when I press OK, it does not goes away till the time I press the centre button again which takes that same contact again in the recipient list. THis way that person receives that same SMS two times & I being charged twice of that same SMS.

Please help.

Thanks

Diwakar

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
kratrz
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Problem in sending Text Message to a single Contact

that was honestly confusing grammatically....

try hitting the enter key to select someone instead of middle button.

or if you have dial from home screen on, just enter your contacts name, bb button, and sms contact.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Diwakarsoni
My Device: BB 9700

Hey, So sorry for the confusion. Ok, let me tell you the problem I faced.

When I try to forward and message from my Inbox to any of my friend, I use to open that message first then I press full menu button which gives me forward option.

When I click on this option it takes my on "select SMS contact" POP up box. Then, when I type my contact name & select the one from centre Key, it comes up like this

Select SMS Contact

TO: XYZ

TO:

OK    Cancel

Now when I move to OK button & press it with center key, it does not work, but when I press it again with center key it takes me to message box, ready to forward, where I have the same "XYZ" recipient reflecting two times instead of one. (Please note that I have selected XYZ only one time in front of TO:smileyhappy:

Clicking on Send button now delivers this message twice to the same recipient.

Hope this now help. Thanks

Diwakar

Please use plain text.
Visitor
mxt_77
My Device: Bold 9700

I just recently started experiencing this same problem on my 9700 Bold (after I updated some apps - including Messenger - via AppWorld).

Here are the symptoms:

1) From the SMS and MMS Menu, select "Compose SMS Text".

2) Type recipient's name, select OK, nothing happens.

3) Select OK *again*, and it takes me to the chat window, but the recipient is listed twice.  If I send the message, they'll receive it twice.

I've noticed that if the recipient has multiple numbers (so that a box pops up to select a specific number after typing their name), then I don't see this problem.  However, if the recipient only has one phone number, then I always see this problem.

Also, while looking for a workaround, I tried going to my contacts list, highlighting the contact and selecting "SMS <name>".  This usually works, but I've found that occasionally it will not bring up the chat window, so I'm still unable to send the text.

Has anyone experienced this and found a solution?  I don't want to send duplicate texts to all of my contacts.

Please use plain text.