Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

karanht
My Device: Bold 9900

Problem logging into BBID when I change Sim cards

I recently bought the new Bold 9900 which I absolutely love. However, my job requires me to travel a lot to different countries quite frequently, which also requires me to constantly change to the local sim card for the country that i am in. Whenever i do this, right after the phone fully loads up, it asks me to sign into blackberry ID which i cannot do since i do not always have the BIS/Data active on the local simcard (it doesnt make sense to pay for BIS for every country i visit esp since i could only be there for a few days). Even if i wanted to activate it, i cant go past the log in screen which only allows me to make 3 options...1. Login (which i cant do without data). 2. Make an emergency call (which doesnt really help me) & 3. Wipe handheld (which i dont want to do)!!!

Is this a device flaw or is BBID designed this way?!! DOES ANY ONE PLEASE HAVE A SOLUTION FOR THIS?!!

If not, then i will be forced to have to downgrade back to the old blackberry or change to another type of phone all together.

SOME ONE PLEASE HELP!!! YOU WOULD BE A LIFE SAVER!!

New Developer
andy_v4
My Device: 9700

Re: Problem logging into BBID when I change Sim cards

Having this kind of problem too. Any solution? This kind of feature make me can't use blackberry when travelling overseas.