Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Problem playing back video with 3gp file extension

I took several videos with my blackberry bold. The vidoes were stored directly on mymicroSD media card. I am able to playback the videos on my phone but on my computer i cannot open itusing quicktime or media player. Quicktime does not recognize the file which is listed as XXXXXXX.3gp.lock3. I recorded files before on this media card and never got that error or .lock3 file extension.

Can anyone help with this problem? How can  i remove the lock3 or recover my videos?

Thanks

Solutions: 6,096
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Problem playing back video with 3gp file extension

[ Edited ]

"Lock3" as a file extension? I haven't seen that one before.

I know a 3gp video file will play in QuickTime, for sure.

Do you have "content protection" enabled on your Media Card? Look at Options > Security > General Settings > Content Protection.

And look at Options > Memory > Encryption Mode.

Disable any encrytion on the card.

Also--is this by any chance a corporate issued BlackBerry device with an IT Policy on it?

Message Edited by JSanders on 08-16-2009 11:56 PM

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks JSanders. I had the device memory media files encryption set to yes. I changed the settings and i can now view the new videos I take. However I still can't view the old encrypted videos. How do I decrypt the videos so that they can be viewed? My cell phone is always locked but my concern was persons finding my phone or getting access to my phone and taking files off the media card. That is why I encrypt it. If I know how to decrypt the files I can still use the encryption to ensure the security of my phone and all files on the media card. Thanks again for the help, now I know what the problem is and how to avoid it. But If you or anyone can help me with the decryption problem I would be grateful.

Solutions: 6,096
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Good.

So the other files are still encrypted? Removing the encryption should remove it from ALL files on the Media Card UNLESS those files were moved from another device.

Decryption of previously encypted Media Card files can ONLY be removed by inserting the card in the previous device, and turning off encryption there.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Torch 9800

copy files to your computer and remove .lock3 extension (click on file name, backspace over characters to delete). Files will then play in real Player automatically when file is doubleclicked.