Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
meesai
My Device: Bold 3

Problem (re) Setting my email setup

My BB Bold 3 cannot reset my original email set ups.  It is stuck at Email Account Activation to 2 emails which I do not have passwords to which belongs to my relative. I cannot delete it and even after a security wipe, it still ask me to activate the 2 emails.  Please advise how do i set up my original emails again.

thanks  

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Problem (re) Setting my email setup

Hello,

From what you say, did you perhaps acquire this BB second hand? If so, please follow completely all Seller and Buyer steps in this KB:

• Article ID: KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
meesai
My Device: Bold 3

Thanks for your reply but still when i try to set up emails, it goes back to  " To activate email on your BB device, type password for you email address(es) "   This is after I have wipe handheld as well as Restore factory settings......   Not sure what else to try.  I would assume this means the problem is not a hardware (phone) issue but a system (BB) issue ?

Can anyone help ??????

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

In that KB, there is much more to do than merely Wiping the BB...did you do ALL that is required of both Seller and Buyer? It is necessary to do all in order to property transfer ownership of a BB.

For that matter, you did not answer as to if this BB was previously used by someone else or not...

Please provide us with good details so that we may be able to understand your situation and perhaps provide useful guidance.

Otherwise, you would have to contact your mobile service provider for formal support...only they can look "behind the scenes" at their BIS system to see what is going on. Perhaps they need to reset something, but they cannot know that if you don't tell them.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code