Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
chikwa
My Device: 9700 Bold, 9300 Curve
My Carrier: Airtel Zambia
Accepted Solution

Problem restoring wiped 9700

i have a 9700 bold that was giving me connection problems so i thought of changing the operating system on the phone. i have installed operating systems on my curve 9300 7 times, and it was all problem free. i tried to do the same with my bold 9700, and i wiped it before i began. i tried to install 6.0.0.241, A 6.0.0.666 from Vodafone, but the app loader gave the following message: "The blackberry Desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator." i tried deleting the vendor.xml file, but it says the same thing. i tried using the desktop manager, but it said no update available. then, i decided to downgrade it to version 6.6.0.195 A6.0.0.526, but the app loader gave the same error. so, basically am stuck, the app loader is failing to load OS onto my device. i found a forum online where i was advised to find an OS for my carrier, but unfortunately, there's none available from Airtel or MTN Zambia. please advise me on what to do.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Problem restoring wiped 9700

Hi chikwa

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

In most cases when performing a manual updrade the loader fails just because of any VENDOR .XML file within our PC . You had to make sure that no VENDOR .XML is left undeleted ,On your Pc change your folders option to show hidden files/folders and search again there may be 2 or 3  VENDOR .XML files also remove or Uninstall any other BlackBerry Device Software is from your PC .

Make sure that you are using the latest BlackBerry Desktop Software ,if not download it from here BlackBerry desktop software.

So please check those things again.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chikwa

My version of the desktop manager is up to date (updated it this morning), and i've deleted 2 vendor files, and i've searched, hidden and system files included, but i've found no other vendor file, but it still wont work. could it be because the vendor files are still in the recycle bin?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi chikwa

I don't think its because of that but you had to make sure that no other BlackBerry Device Software is install on your PC other then the one which you will upgrade.

If OS pack and Desktop Software setup files are saved on another folder or drive of your PC then Delete everything related to RIM device software and desktop software from your " C :\ Drive on your  PC , restart your PC then run the setup files and install Desktop Software and the device OS pack on your PC and then try again.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chikwa

thanks man, i owe you, even though i've done nothing but close then open the app loader again, and its just worked like a charm. i dont know whats kept it from working the past 3 days.....

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Chikwa

You are most welcome .. We are glad that finally you got success and able to accomplish your goal.

Cheers !

Please use plain text.