Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9700
My Carrier: O2

Problem setting up email

Hi

I've changed from an old blackberry curve to a new Bold 9780. I had my email set up on my curve but in between switching devices have changed my email password. I cant get hold of the old password, but when I try to set up email on my new blackberry it tells me I have the incorrect password.

Is there anything I can do?!

THanks

Kirsty

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Problem setting up email

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If you had used the Device Switch Wizard, everything would have transitioned over to your new device just fine.

If you had used the same BB ID, then your configurations for email and such should have transitioned over just fine.

But, I cannot tell exactly which password you are having trouble with, nor at exactly what step in the process you are stuck. It is your BB ID credentials? Your BIS credentials? Or your actual email account credentials? The resolution path differs greatly, so knowing exactly which one is critical.

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9700
My Carrier: O2

Hi

Thanks for replying so quickly! Smiley Happy

I'm not 100% sure...when I go to setup-email accounts-Existing Users (If you want to access your email settings or you changed your device,log in) it asks me for a username and password and this is what I can't get to work! I'm not sure 100% which username and password it is looking for but I've tried everything I can think of. The only thing I haven't (been able to) try is my old email account password.

I can login to my BB id on my computer and have tried that username and password on the device so don't think that's it?

Thanks again

Kirsty

Highlighted
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

kmcc wrote:

I'm not 100% sure...when I go to setup-email accounts-Existing Users (If you want to access your email settings or you changed your device,log in) it asks me for a username and password and this is what I can't get to work!

OK...those are your BIS credentials. BIS stores your email account credentials, but BIS itself has it's own credentials. Depending on a number of factors, it could be the same as your BB ID credentials, or it might be different. But, since it's different from your BBID, then you need to contact your mobile service provider as they manage your BIS account and can reset the password for you.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code