Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
pawp
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Problem switching devices

While switching from my old Bold 9700 to my new Bold 9900 yesterday using Blackberry Desktop Software v 7.0.0.43 and using the "switch device" function, all of my email messages from February 26, 2012 to March 6, 2012 were not transfered while all emails from February 6 2012 to February 24 2012 were transfered ok.  I also tried to backup the 9700 email and restore it to the 9900 with the same results.  After an hour on the phone with BB tech support at RIM, they gave up and told me to forward all of the missing messages from the mail server instead - not a desirable solution.  Has this happened to anybody else?  Any solutions? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
phanira
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Problem switching devices

hi i have had the same problem - that it only transferred some emails and not the others...i was told by the rogers to go back and do  a back up of my old phone and then do a device restore instead of a device switch, other people on other forums (crackberry) suggest this, but i have no hopes that this will work if RIM cannot solve your problem....btw how did you get rim on the line. they told me they will charge me to give me advice...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pawp
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I tried the backup route as well and that produced the same results.

When Bell tech support could not resolve my problem, they transferred me with RIM tech support.  If you push hard enough or have them stumped, Rogers should do the same. I am currently working with RIM 2nd level tech support on a Bold 9900 to MS Outlook 2007 calendar synchronisation problem that Bell and RIM 1st level could not resolve.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
phanira
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: rogers

[ Edited ]

you mentioned that RIM asked you to resend the messages from your server to your berry- did that work? if so then it would seem that only the non-email data (like contacts) should be transferred via the blackbery desktop software and then email data should be downloaded directly from the server rather than being transferred via blackberry...

but then you have an issue with the calendar synch which can't be done via a server...sigh...

Please use plain text.