Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Problem with Blackberry ID on a new Bold

So I had my Bold stolen while I was over seas. I got a new one when I got back to the states(a 9930). I use verizon, when I went to the store they found my black berry ID and had me put in my password for it. I get home, and find out that my blackberry email account is not working. So I go online, and figure out that I have two blackberry ID's. I can login to my blackberry ID that has my @vzw.blackberry.net email, but when I try and put that ID into the phone, it says that I have the incorrect password and I only have ten trys before it locks me out. But the password works on my home computer to login.

Is there a way to reset the phones blackberry ID? Or how can I get the phone to take my blackberry ID that uses the vzw.blackberry.net email that I already have set up? I tried to set up the email address on the new phone, it says that email address has already been taken, or that the server can not be reached to verify the address and password. Suggestions?

TIA.

Solutions: 6,123
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: Problem with Blackberry ID on a new Bold

To reset the BlackBerryID on your phone, you will need to perform a security wipe.

Go to Options > Security > Security Wipe.

Once that process is complete, you will be able to enter your second BlackBerryID.

IF you need to reset the password for a BlackBerry-hosted email account:

Article ID: KB28111 Unable to reset BlackBerry ID password when using a BlackBerry hosted email address

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930

Re: Problem with Blackberry ID on a new Bold

Ok, so I did the security wipe, and logged in with the correct blackberry ID. But the @vzw.blackberry.net email still doesn't show up. I tried to add the email account, and it says that my password is not correct. I don't know what other pass word it would be, other then the same one that I set for the blackberry ID. Suggestions?