If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Jarvichi
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Problem with Contact List

Easy solution:
Open your contacts
Press menu -> Options
Type rset
Select yes for the contact lists you want to delete - Warning - this is highly destructive...

Now - I need to find out how to rename my "Unknown" list...
Please use plain text.
JoeBlackbeard
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Yep that worked

Going to Contacts/Menu/Optionsamd typing rset, allowed me to get rid of the empty list!

Thanks

Please use plain text.
mattdailey
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: vofafone

I have a different issue in that I have 4 contact lists, 2 called desktop and 2 called unknown. Problem is all my contacts are in one of the unknown and when I have tried to use Google sync to transfer to my gmail account, it doesn't read the unknown list.

How can I get them into a desktop one that it will read and transfer. I have no access to desktop manager as this is a work phone and for some reason I can't access desktop manager

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lightswitchr
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: GiffGaff (O2 UK)

I had this problem until tonight.

I connected my BB to my laptop, opening BB Desktop Software.

I had one address book named Default, which had one contact in, and the other called Unknown, which had the rest of my contacts in.

I clicked Device, Delete Data, found the Default address book with one contact in and deleted it. 

Then I backed up the Unknown address book, and deleted Unknown and Address Book, restarted my phone, then restored the Unknown address book, and restarted my phone again.

This has worked. I no longer have 2 address books and the address book is renamed to Default again with all my contacts in!

I hope this works for you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JinThomson
My Device: Curve 9220
My Carrier: Vodafone IN

Use advance os led app. Trial or pro, it helped be with a lot of things including this issue
Please use plain text.