Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: BB 9900 Bold
My Carrier: Vodacom

Problem with Device switch

Hi

Just did a device switch from my BB 9300 to BB9900 bold.  Switch went through successfully but when I put my sim and memory card in my new phone I get the folloiwng message "Uncaught Exception java.lang.no class deffound error" and my BBM contacts have not updated.

What is causing this error message?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Problem with Device switch

Hi LeeT

What version of App World  you have on your device ? If possible On Homescreen go to Options > Device > Application Management > Delete App World from there ,After deleting your device may prompt for restart ,do it then perform another Battery pull restart .

After device reboot see if that error appear .If not then  that From your BlackBerry Browser Go to http://www.blackberry.com/appworld. and download again .

Additional Information :

KB29364 : After upgrading to AppWorld 3.1.0.56 error message "Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError" occurs

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hi

Thanks, done all as suggested going to try and do the device switch again.  Is this error also part of the reason why my BBM contacts are not updating.  The last time I did a switch device i had no problem with my BBM contacts updating.

L.

Elite II

Hi LeeT

No this error is not responsible for BBM contact update .As you had done a device switch so it may take a while  to update those contact .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi

How long does it normally take for the BBM contacts to update, the last time i did a device switch it happened quite quickly.

Is there anything I can check?

Elite II

Hi LeeT

Generally it happen within 24 hrs but sometime it may delay because of the server .But are you sure you are doing the Switch device Wizard properly ? Please check this Knowledge Base and see if you have missed any steps:

KB23677 : How to Switch devices using BlackBerry Desktop Software.

So please check again if you are missing something.