Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
MKWY
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

Problem with Synchronization of Contacts

I have 2 email addresses, each with a contact list on the Microsoft Outlook. At this time, I have to transfer and consolidate all contacts into 1 single contact list, as from now now will be merging all emails to be under 1 single email address.

The problems I have and so far have not found anyone who can help me are:

1. How to transfer the contacts from the 1st outlook to the 2nd outlook

2. After that, delete in my blackberry all contacts from the 1st email address, however without losing the contacts in the 2nd email address]]]

Thank you for your help !!

Contributor
yogesh_gowda
My Device: Bold 9700, PlayBook & BlackBerry 10 user

Re: Problem with Synchronization of Contacts

Do you mean that the contacts are conflict on your devie?, or does both the email address have diffrent contacts?,and which device are you using?

1. If any post helps you please click the below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
New Contributor
MKWY
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

Thanks for your interest to help.

To clarify:

I have 2 email addresses, each one has a corresponding Microsoft contact list in my laptop.

The 1st email address of many years was in my Desktop outlook / and worked fine in my BB Desktop contact list.

Then a 2nd email address (for work) was created, under a 2nd outlook profile. And the Deskdop outlook was transferred (i.e., copied-pasted) into this 2nd email contact list.

As consequence, in my BB, when I select each of the following options:

1. Desktop contact list - in my BB - shows only once the name of each contact. However additional names that I added on to my Desktop contact list in the laptop, do not show in this BB Desktop contact lis.

2. The 2nd email contact list - shows between 2 or 3 times each contact name.

3. The All contact list - shows even more, between 3 or 4 times each contact name (which I assums All adds up the Desktop contact names + the 2nd email contact names)

By Nov.20th, my Desktop email address will phase out; and only the 2nd email address will be used in going forward. Therefore, I am assuming to prepare for this I should:

1. Transfer all contacts in my laptop Desktop outlook to the 2nd email contact list.
  2. Then clean up the 2nd email contact list, removing names that are repeated, and keeping the one with the most recently updated contact details
  3. Then, syncronize the newly updated 2nd email contact list with corresponding in BB
  4. Finally, in the BB, remove the Desktop contact list option

If the above steps are correct, at this time, I do not even know how to transfer the contacts from laptop Desktop contact list to the 2nd email contact list (in the same laptop)!

Thanks again for sharing your experience to help me out!

Contributor
yogesh_gowda
My Device: Bold 9700, PlayBook & BlackBerry 10 user

Hello,

Thanks for replying back.

its very difficult for me to to understand at this point , if you dont mind can you share your desktop screen with me , so that i can help your further for this?, also would like to confirm is your device activated with BlackBerry Enterprise account ( Work account)?.

1. If any post helps you please click the below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.