Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

PJ
PJ
My Device: Not Specified

Problem with mac sync

I just got Blackberry bold today. I'm trying to sync with my powerbook g4, OSX 10.4.11 by using Pocketmac 4.1.25. When it's synchronizing, the process always struck. I've been waiting for half an hour. There is not any progression. How can I finish it?

Another question, how many contact is it can store? I have 1,087 contacts. My ex mobile-phone (Sony Ericsson P1i) can store only 1,000 contacts. That's one of many reasons I change to BB Bold.

New Contributor
JasTheMusicMan
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Problem with mac sync

I just got my Bold as well and had the exact same problem but I was able to synch my contacts and calendar (which for me are the most important pieces) by changing an option or two...

What I've figured out is that Pocketmac seems to get stuck on the Notes/Stickies/Memo synch so, I excluded this from my synch run.  I then logged off and powered down to make sure there was no memory resident pointers from the failure then restarted.  

I fired up Pocketmac (now without the Notes synch), oh, I also chose the "Replace Device" option just to be safe since I didn't want to corrupt my Mac Address Book, Calendar, etc.  

I ran the synch and it worked fine...I now have all my Contacts and Calendar on my Bold.  

I don't think 4.1.25 is working perfectly yet, but at least I got it partially going for now...at least one way to get me functional.  Hopefully, there will be an update soon.

Hope this helps... 

J.