Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Highlighted
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: cellcom

Problem with the update

Hi

I have updated my 9700 to version 6

but since  i transferred the data back to the device i can't phone mobile numbers since to  the number i am dialing

added  the numbers +1

how can i fix this problem and how can i transfer back text massages

thank

Alon

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Problem with the update

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

AO33 wrote:

i can't phone mobile numbers since to  the number i am dialing

added  the numbers +1

Please check the "Smart Dialing" settings within the Phone app...it is possible that this was configured differently before the update, and the way you have stored your contacts may be incorrect until you configure Smart Dialing the same way.

AO33 wrote:

how can i transfer back text massages

Depending on how you did the update, the SMS messages may or may not exist anymore. If you used the on-device OTA update method, then any backup that was taken is already gone, and can no longer be used to restore. If you used your computer for the update, then there might be a backup file on it that you can use as the source of restore:

• KB10339 How to use BlackBerry Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone from a backup file
  • KB03974 BlackBerry smartphone database list

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code