Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
tyronen
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: MTN

Problems after updating device software to v 5.0.0.586

Hi there. After updating my device software to v 5.0.0.586 from v 5.0.0.423, I encountered the following issues:

1. The keylock key on the top left of my device intermittently does not work. Sometimes, nothing happens, other times it switches the screen off but does not lock the keypad.
  2. When hitting the green phone button, the list of recent calls is displayed but the most recent call (at the top of the list) is hidden by the input field and you cannot read the number.

I tried a battery pull but this did not help.

File free = 120MB.

I have since reverted to v 5.0.0.423 but would like to do the upgrade again if these issues can be fixed? Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks

Tyrone

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Sith_Apprentice
My Device: various
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Problems after updating device software to v 5.0.0.586

Have you checked to see if these are known issues with your device and that particular OS model?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the Star on the left of their post.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Is this what you're referring to by the button on the top left?

http://crackberry.com/your-mute-key-no-longer-working-stand-mode

Not sure about the phone part. How about if you hit the green button, then hit the menu button and go into Options. Then go into General Options. Can you try changing the Phone List View to something else. Then save that change and back out to see if the view is correct. If it is correct try changing the setting back to what it was set to before.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tyronen
My Carrier: MTN

No - on the old OS, when clicking the lock key, the keyboard locks and owner info is displayed on the screen. On the new OS, when clicking the lock key, the screen goes off.

I'm not too upset about that, it's a minor thing compared to the issue with the recent calls list.

Please use plain text.
Bob_ZA
My Device: Not Specified

Having a similar problem. The standby button (top right key) is not working at all. The keyboard lock key is working.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
gawainedwards
My Carrier: Orange UK

I have the same or similar problem.  

The lock key does lock for me but the theme is unaware.

Lock on holstering is set on but doesn't work.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
skincareproff
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: T Mobile

hi as far as i am aware the lock on holstering function now only works when you have a password set.... if no password set then this fuction no longer works, part of the change made to the new os.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I was using that OS for a bit and moved on to 593, so far everything is working nice for what I use.

No comment on sms or mms, I dont use them.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RM4U

Hi,

Same problem as Thread Starter Tyronen:-

I have update to version 5 and get a Black Screen when I press the Lock Key (Top Left Button on the top edge of the phone).

Also, there is no fuction to the Standby Button (Top Right Button on the top edge of the phone).

Obviously a software bug.

Regards,

Leslie.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GapBoyPCS

I updated to my carrier's official .743 version and am having the same issues for the lock function. When holstering, it no longer locks unless I put a password into my options, and it no longer has my owner information on the screen unless I set a password.

I may end up downgrading after this. I'm not one to normally complain about small issues, but lately it really seems like some of these issues that creep up *after* "official" releases aren't properly tested before their release.

Please use plain text.