Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
rikkes
My Device: 9500 + 9550 + 9900 all still in use
My Carrier: Vodafone T mobile

Problems after upgrade to OS 7

Today my daugther thougt she was smart to change her OS on here smart phone oh no, the first I always say does it work Yes leave it. But she is still young and doesnt know. But now the problem is as follows she started a upgrade and halfway it hung! the phone didn;t respond in any way afther two hours still nothing. If the phone is started up it gives a blink of an error but it is so fast that I can't read it. Afther the system reboot the phone stops at 15% back up it is verifing the social media it says.

Is therer a way to restore the system software itself? please help she now is ussing my phone and that is in working order and i like to keep it that way

kind greetings from the Netherlands

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
DaedalusWren
My Device: Pearl 8100 -> Bold 9000 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9930 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers Canada

Re: Problems after upgrade to OS 7

Ok, this is not as bad as it seems though it may take some patience, What model phone is it?

First check out this forum post and get back to us for any difficulties..

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

Remember, There is never a stupid question, just stupid answers.

("If any advice that was offered by me helped, Please click on the Thumbs up on the post or click Accept as Solution. Thanks and it was nice to help you out ")

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rikkes
My Device: 9500 + 9550 + 9900 all still in use
My Carrier: Vodafone T mobile

Solved it last night, installed the Blackberry desktop software, this said what to do. It installed the OS software and after that is was in working order again.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
DaedalusWren
My Device: Pearl 8100 -> Bold 9000 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9930 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers Canada

Thats great to hear.

Remember, There is never a stupid question, just stupid answers.

("If any advice that was offered by me helped, Please click on the Thumbs up on the post or click Accept as Solution. Thanks and it was nice to help you out ")

Please use plain text.