Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
FionaMac
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Problems logging on to Blackberry ID

Hi,

My BB is unable to log on to BB ID. I can log on via my laptop and have changed my password numerous times to no avail. The error simply says 'unable to log on to Blackberry ID'. I have checked my time zone is correct (switched on one morning saying it was 2043?) and have taken it to the Three shop who don't want to know. I've not even had the phone a month, they say it is not a provider issue.

I've also had problems syncronising to my yahoo account, the error message says 'connection to yahoo server lost'. I'm reluctant to wipe the phone as I don't know what has saved and what has not.

I changed provider when I got the phone and kept my old number. It was transferred successfully but the phone still thinks it is the 'new' number?  I'm not sure if they are related

Any help would be great - I'm so disappointed.

Contributor
FionaMac

Re: Problems logging on to Blackberry ID

Followed instructions on link: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/Blackberry-ID-not-working-on-phone/td-p/12621...

Now having problems activating on the Enterprise Activation, it keeps retrying but more details show there is a mistake with the email address or the activation message?

Please can someone help me!

Contributor
FionaMac

If this forum is unable to help, is there anyone who could point me in the right direction?

Regular Contributor
jsbrown88
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook

I am having the exact same problem....

At first BB ID worked fine and then I rebooted my device and was prompted to sign back into BB Protect.

I now keep on getting the following message "unable to login to your BlackBerry ID Account".

I know that I am not putting in wrong info because when I doubted myself and changed the password to something else it told me my credentials are wrong....

I have a bold 9900 on vodafone UK

Regular Contributor
jsbrown88
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook

Dear Fiona, I found this response to someone having the same problem as us. Although it is a lot of effort this seems the only way to fix it.

"i did fix the Blackberry ID problem.
it works 100%
first u have to backup all your data such as contacts / settings

from your device do the following:
Option >>> Security>>> Security wipe
it may take an 40min or so, make sure your battery is full, or keep your phone on charger

this will restore device into a factory default OS.
then u may restore your contacts and ur setting.

by doing this, u will be able to use bbm service and app world.
and you can Login to Blackberry ID by your BB9900.
Hope i helped."