Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
kdj42
My Device: Blackberry bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodacom

Problems syncing gmail contacts on Blackberry Bold 9780

Hi,

When I try to sync my Blackberry's address book with my gmail contacts and calendar, it starts the synchronisation service, the calendar synchronises, the address book then says initializing, but hangs at 55% synchronisation. I recently wiped the Blackberry clean and was setting up the email and synchronisation options from scratch.

Thank you for any help you can offer me.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Problems syncing gmail contacts on Blackberry Bold 9780

Hi kdj42,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

To resolve this issue, could you please try resending your email service books and trying to setup the calendar synchronization again? This KB article provides the steps. "How to send service books for a BlackBerry Internet Service account" http://bbry.lv/NRJFbe

If that doesn't help, I'd suggest removing the email account and then re-integrating it and trying to setup synchronization again.

Please let me know if this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kdj42

Hi FS,

I tried sending the service book again, but the contacts still won't synchronise. 

As no one had replied to this post I submitted a second post earlier today as I had tried a few more things to try and get the synchronisation working. Here's the 2nd post:

Hi,

I have a BB Bold 9780 that I've been using for about a year.

For 6 months of the year I was in South Africa, then 6 months in the UK and now back in South Africa.

When I first got the phone I setup a gmail account (gmail_01) on my phone. Was able to send/receive email & synchronise both calendar & contacts.

When I went to the UK, I changed sim cards, but kept the same phone, gmail_01 still worked perfectly.

After returning to South Africa I changed back to the SA sim card. The contacts stopped synchronising.

I did a security wipe and set up gmail_01 again. I can send & receive emails & synchronise the calendar. However the contacts synchronisation says that it is "initializing" but never completes. 

I then set up a second gmail account (gmail_02) on the same phone. Email works, calendar & contacts synchronise.

Next I tried to set up gmail_01 on a different blackberry, same problem, calendar synchronises but not the contacts. I spoke to my service provider in South Africa and after an hour with their data expert we still could not resolve the issue. They suggested that the problem may be on gmails side.

Has anyone ever had a similar problem? My service provider had never seen an issue like this with gmail before.

Thanks for your help

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hi kdj42,

Since you are having the same issue with the account on another BlackBerry smartphone, it sounds like it may be related to the Gmail account settings. Would you be able to ask your wireless network provider to have this issue escalated to RIM on your behalf for further investigation?

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kdj42

I'll try that.

Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.