Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
Noodle81

Problems with BB 9000 BIS set-up - e-mail, calendar, contacts and other issues...:(

Hi All,

I am new to the world of BB, so please excuse my ignorance.

I purchased the BB 9000 and have to say I am extremely impressed with the functionality and capabilities!

My works does not have an enterpize server, so I forced to go with the BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) option.

I am having the following problems:

E-mail:

I have two inboxes set-up - one is my work e-mail address which I access through Outlook 2003 and the other is my gmail.

Gmail looks to be working fine on the phone. However, if I delete something on gmail on the computer, or open and read it, the changes are not reflected on the BB device. Anything that happens on the BB device is reflected on gmail on the computer.

Same thing happens for my work e-mail. Anything deleted on the computer is not reflected on the device, but changes on the device are reflected in outlook. However, the problem is even worse with this account. I find that if I reply an older message in my inbox on outlook, the device suddenly shows the message I replied to (not my reply itself) as a new message in the top of the inbox on the device only. And so I can have the same message repeated throughout my inbox on the device several times!

Calendar, Contacts, memos etc.

Syncing doesn’t appear to working on this front either. It synced once, but now I don’t appear to be getting new calendar events entered on either the device or outlook appearing on the other. Eg. Something entered on the phone doesn’t appear in outlook and vice versa. Same can said of contacts…

By the way, in the notification area at the top of the screen, what is the little globe with a number in front of it supposed to indicate?

Thanks for your help!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,752
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Problems with BB 9000 BIS set-up - e-mail, calendar, contacts and other issues...:(

[ Edited ]

Noodle81 wrote:

Gmail looks to be working fine on the phone. However, if I delete something on gmail on the computer, or open and read it, the changes are not reflected on the BB device. Anything that happens on the BB device is reflected on gmail on the computer.

Deletes from your Outlook to the BB are not possible, if you are on a POP account. I will work on IMAP setups. Deletes from the Gmail webmail account should delete on the BB--however it is slow, not as fast or instant as deletes from the BB to the Gmail web account.

Same thing happens for my work e-mail. Anything deleted on the computer is not reflected on the device, but changes on the device are reflected in outlook.

Ditto as above. You are on a BIS account, not BES. BIS does not function with email reconcile as the BES does.

Syncing doesn’t appear to working on this front either. It synced once, but now I don’t appear to be getting new calendar events entered on either the device or outlook appearing on the other. Eg. Something entered on the phone doesn’t appear in outlook and vice versa. Same can said of contacts…

How are you syncing? Are you using Desktop Manager on your PC and the sync application?

By the way, in the notification area at the top of the screen, what is the little globe with a number in front of it supposed to indicate?

A Browser push message. Look at your Messages folder > Menu > View Folders > check both Browser a WAP push message folder. View and or delete and the notification will go away.

Let me suggest you view the tips and tricks for the BB at www.stinsonddog.com  <<--good stuff.

Message Edited by JSanders on 10-31-2008 09:53 AM

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.