Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Trusted Contributor
DrFever
My Device: Bold 9780, Bold 9900

Problems with OS 7.1.0.746 (Rogers Canada)

I've done an OS update now 4 times with no success but I have these 2 issues since updating my OS.

Address Book:

When I press save after editing a contact or when I add a new contact and press save, the device freezes for up to a minute. It becomes unusable. No clocking icon appears and no error messages. It just becomes useless while I wait.

BBM

The same. When I delete a contact, I get the same freezing. When I invite a contact, the phone freezes....not when they accept but as soon as I send the invite. Again, no clocking just an unusable phone until it frees itself up.

I've got 102.2 MB of App storage and 6.2 GB of built in media storage free space so I can't seem to figure this out.

Anyone else experiencing the same issues? Can anyone suggest a fix? This is really bothersome.

Thanks.

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Problems with OS 7.1.0.746 (Rogers Canada)

[ Edited ]

I'm wondering if downgrading will make a difference.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/Downgrade-Blackberry-Curve-930...

Another option: I know you said you did OS updates several times, but did you start from scratch?

If not, you can try this:

force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144

Steps 9 and 10 asure you're starting from scratch.

http://bbsak.org/faq.php

does the same thing too.  Sorry you're having troubles with this, but I think either a downgrade or reload from scratch will help you.  Now if it still freezes after that, its time to take it to Rogers.

Thank you. I will attempt those steps later this evening when I have some time to do it uninterrupted and will report back.

Trusted Contributor
DrFever

By the way, I neglected to mention I'm on a Bold 9900
Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Thats fine.  The reload steps apply to all bb devices.