Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
skatze
My Device: Bold 9650

Problems with os 5 and new sprint 9650

I just upgraded from a curve to a Bold 9650 and am not sure it was a good idea. :smileysad:

With my previous os on the curve, all of my applications from messages and email boxes to pandora and poynt were easily accessible right on my main screen. NOW, only four or five apps are available at the very bottom of the screen. I want my icons and apps back on the main screen. All of a sudden, the only thing I have is empty space. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Also, I backed up all my sms and emails. When I reinstalled them, they show on the desktop software as being transferred but they don't automatically appear. Any suggestions? I appreciate anyone's help with these issues.

Thanks,

Steve

JSanders
Solutions: 5,979
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Problems with os 5 and new sprint 9650

1. That is the theme you are using. You can change themes, or put your most used 4-5 applications on the top row of your applications screen, which corresponds to the single row.

Does that make sense?

Find the icon you want on the top row: Scroll to it, press the Menu key > Move > now scroll the icon to the top rown. Voila, you will see it now when you view only the homescreen icons.

2. What do you mean they don't automatically appear? Do they appear if you do something else?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
skatze
My Device: Bold 9650

It doesn't work.  The Sprint 9650 only comes with two available themes. Each them has five icons only at the bottom of the screen. The rest of the screen is totally empty.  When I go to another screen, say the application screen and try to move, it doesn't allow me to post anything on the main screen. It's really frustrating!

Also, I imported back my saved sms and emails. The desktop shows they transferred to the device. But, I don't see them automatically appear when I go to my sms icon or email icon? It's strange. WIth my curve and the previous os, this was never an issue?

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Does anyone else have a Sprint 9650 and knows how to address these issues?

Much thanks,

Steve

JSanders
Solutions: 5,979
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

It does work. :smileywink:

Follow the instructions I gave you.

Here again:

From the one row homescreen, press the menu key to go to the full icon screen. Scroll to the icon in question you want to move, press Menu > Move. Scroll it UP to the top row, and click on it to place it there.

That icon will now be on the single row.

You can also try this: From the full icon screen, press Menu > Options and do you see the Theme options? Do you have an option for number of icon rows on the main screen?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
wc4r
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650 -Sprint

Works for me too.

Heck, try some of the free or nearly free themes too.