Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
chris9028
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Problems with setting up Bold 9780 E-mail Accounts

I wonder why we haven't heard anything from RIM on this?  It's a huge issue if people can't get emails or synch their gmail calendars (which is my problem).  C'mon, RIM, step up to the plate!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SumayaO
My Device: Bold 9780

I am wondering the same thing myself. =|

Please use plain text.
eh
eh
My Device: blackberry torch
My Carrier: vodafone

Thank you this is very helpfull :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
jm312
My Device: Bold 9700 v6.0.0.576
My Carrier: Orange UK

@twe20

If you got the BB package activated, your emails, BBM, Facebook, appworld should all start working.

However, there looks like a distruption in the BIS (BlackBerry internet Service). Due to this, users are reporting problems with BBM and some are even reporting for the complete BIS. Rumors are BIS servers are being updated so we should just wait and watch. I am also not able to use my BIS service over wifi for now.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Install this on your phone, it helps: http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/protect/

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.
Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TerrenceSooley
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell

OK. I have my original email working, but can't set up a new account. I keep getting forced to update, but then the browser fails. 

I can't get any browser to work, and even youtube app doesn't work. 

Please use plain text.
julzdawson
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

It's been 4 weeks since I last tried to setup email and bricked my phone. Does anybody know if this has been fixed?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tanxq
My Device: Bold

unbelievable. its been months and nothing has been done. I just bricked my phone when i tried to change my password on one of my email accounts. 

is this the kind of service RIM is providing? email is supposed to be one of their strong selling points.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chris9028
My Device: Not Specified

Okay, so after much time spent on the phone with Chris at RIM support, we determined that my problems with the email setup application were due to the fact that I upgraded to the latest OS using the Mac Desktop software. Apparently, the Mac version doesn't actually do a full job of installing the software and it misses some modules.

We decided that I'd try re-installing the OS from a Windows machine. I did this, and my problem was completely solved. My email setup application is now working exactly as it's supposed to.

Good luck to the rest of you having the same issues.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
StacyWells
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Bell

When I try and go to mobile.blackberry.com it tells me that it is unable to find the requested server???  Haven't had email on my phone in weeks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cdpohl
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I had a similar problem when I updated my Bold 9780 to V.6.0 Bundle 2647. Could not set up an email account, and the page would just freeze. Had to turn off/on the device to use other functions. Found a solution for my problem, though. Hooked it up to my Blackberry Desktop software, and under Applications I removed the updated email sofware. Worked for me. Good luck.

Please use plain text.