Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
shana
My Device: 9000 Bold
Accepted Solution

Profiles and Password Keeper

1. Why are Profiles off and should this be turned on?  There is a x on the speaker at top left and also in the menu.
  2. Password Keeper I guess that I mistakenly put a password for protecting passwords in the keeper and now can't remember what it is. I have many passwords and would like to use this facility. How do I work it and how do I stop it asking me for a password to open it?
Shane Aurousseau

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,851
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Profiles and Password Keeper

1. You can't turn profiles "off", but you can choose or change profiles. The red X by the speaker means you are in a quiet (no sound, no speaker) profile. Open your profiles and choose another, like normal or another.

2.  You can't make it stop asking, but you can enter the wrong password FOR the Password Keeper several times (ten I think) and it will erase all the info within Password Keeper only. Then fresh, you can use that application again, set a NEW password which you will remember. 

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.