Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Profiles keep resetting and/or deleting themselves

Last night I installed a theme via DM, and when the device rebooted, two of my custom profiles were still there, but all the settings were defaults (the profile named "work" was there, but all custom sounds were not). So I tried to restore from that mornings back up. I transferred over only the profiles and options - no dice. Names, no settings.

So I spent last night setting both back up, no big deal.

This morning, I removed an app from the phone (from Advanced Options, Apps, delete), and after the device rebooted, both of my custom profiles were missing - not even the names were there (I noticed because this morning I had the "work" profile set - no sounds or vibrate for anything but calls, which vibrate only. Then I removed the app, and it reset, and I hadn't used the phone since then. and then my phone scared the crap out of me by ringing quite loud.)

Is this common? Bold on at&t, 4.6.0.216, DM 4.7, and 49.2mb free on the phone (from Options -> Memory)

Oh, and all the sounds are system sounds, so none of them are on the media card.

Thanks in advance.
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Profiles keep resetting and/or deleting themselves

Bump....I'm having this same problem everytime I add, remove, or update apps/software on my phone. Restoring the backup that was made just hours prior with the correct profile settings doesn't do anything. This is incredibly annoying as I have to go in and reset EVERYTHING for holster and out of holster settings, and for every program that impacts the profile. Please help!!!
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

Does anyone have any ideas on this? I have the latest software update.
Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

Hi,

It would appear that the BB profiles databasse has become corrupted and thus wont accept changes/additions to the database.

You want to clear the profiles database on the Handset using the Desktop manager, Backup/Restore - Advanced.

Then you can try to restore the profiles database from a back (BUT CLEAR THE EXISTING DATABASE FIRST! )

Barring that you can create new profiles.

Good Luck and let us know how you go.

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq