Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
Wingnuts75
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Optus
Accepted Solution

QR Codes

I have tried about five different QR code readers and cannot get any of them to work on my Bold 9700. Is there some trick to operating them or is there something wrong with my Blackberry. At one time I took a photo of a QR code and enlarged it about 4 times and then the reader worked - strange !!  Can anyone help me ?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: QR Codes

Hi Wingnuts75,

You can use the QR code reading in BlackBerry App World or BBM to scan any barcodes on the BlackBerry smartphone. From BBM, press the menu key then choose Invite Contact>Invite by Scanning a PIN Barcode or in BlackBerry App World, go into BlackBerry App World then to My World to find the feature.

After scanning the QR code, a popup will appear with the information.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Wingnuts75

Thanks for your reply to my QR code problem. If I understand you I think you are suggesting to download a BB QR App then use that to read the code. Perhaps I wasn't clear with my original enquiry, but I have downloaded five different BB Apps, some paid, some free, and I cannot get any of them to work. As I said previously, one time I photgraphed the QR code, then enlarged it 4 times the size on a separate piece of paper and then the App worked. Still puzzled !!

Please use plain text.
nathansess
My Device: BlackBerry
My Carrier: BlackBerry

How about trying this QR Code reader?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Wingnuts75

Thanks for your suggestion but it seems like that that QR code reader is not a recognised BB App and it required a business name to be activated. I did not have any success there.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Wingnuts75

Yes ! Yes ! I've finally found a QR code reader that works on my Bold 9700. I spent hours sifting through posts on this forum and saw one that suggested that "beetagg" was successfull. This is accessed at <www.get.beetagg.com> and it works. This detail was supplied by a post by 'pienvink' on 6/12/11. Thanks.
Please use plain text.