Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
archie14
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: ROGERS

QUICK-DIALING FROM WEBSITE PHONE NUMBER LINK

What do I have to do in order to enable my phone to dial a hyperlinked phone number found when searching with my browser?  I used to be able to put the cursor over the number, then click on it and my blackberry would dial it.  I now get some error message.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: QUICK-DIALING FROM WEBSITE PHONE NUMBER LINK

It could be as simple as doing a battery pull so give it a try. Remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.

Let us know if that works. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
archie14
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: ROGERS

I tried removing the battery and replacing it but it didn't help.  It seems when I go to a particular website, I am able to quick dial by putting the cursor over the number and double-clicking.  It, however, still doesn't work when I put the cursor over a phone number found in a googled list I get when doing a google search of a name.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

The next solution would be to look for a newer version of OS.  It could be that the feature you're describing was not part of that version of OS.  No matter what, I recommending reloading your OS every six months anyway so it probably wouldn't hurt to have a look at that.

Keep us posted.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.