Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Question re calendar sync - BB Bold - Outlook

Hi guys, first post here, I hope someone can help.

I have 2 email accounts setup on my BB. Lets call them work and personal

When I create a new appointment in my (work based) outlook calendar and then sync the BB the 'send using' field on the new appointment appointment on the BB isset to Personal and not work.

I have set the default services in the advanced options to use work as the default for calendar and for the email.

I have no idea why my work calendar items at flaggeg using my personal email address.

Also it seems that I can select from multiple calendars on the BB (work and personal) and its clear that all of my appointments are being allocated to the personal email.

My needs are simple. I want only one calendar (work) and I want all of my outlook items to sync to the work calendar. 

I dont see why there are two calendars and I probably dont understand the relationship between email address and calendars.

Can anyone help? 

Many thanks!

Jason

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Question re calendar sync - BB Bold - Outlook

Hi and welcome to the forums!

This link will show you how to get the calendar entries to your work calendar.  If you read the thread

and follow the knowledgebase article you will get a better understanding of the calendars.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&thread.id=23080

Thanks,

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

I delete the CICAL service books and the calender data then restarted the BB. Now the situation is worse. I do not have any email accounts setup, I cant add new POP email accounts as the option to add new email accounts is not in the setup wizard and im also getting exception errors relating to blackberry messenger when I restart the BB.

In short its a train wreck. Ive lost everythiing.

I tried restroing from the backup but this does not seem to change anything except for restoring my contacts and calender.

OK I did another hard reset but this time left the battery out for a couple of minutes. Upon restart the BB looks OK. I read something about service books being rebuild???

So thanks to you my problem seems to be been solved

:smileyhappy:

Thank you.

I must say though these Blackberrys seems to be very fragile! Im not going to mess with it much in the future.

Jason

Guru I

Great Job!

Glad you got it running. Whenever you do a battery pull leave it out for at least a minute. Like any digital

device it has to be completely reset. I wouldn't say the device is fragile, I'd say it's just a smaller laptop!

Thanks,

Please take a moment and resolve the post, OK?

Thanks

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

Hi,

Been trying to solve a Outlook Sync issue with Vista and blamed Vista for everything.  Turns out, as explained in this thread, it was  my CICAL setting set to the wrong email address.

Thanks for your explainations.

Guru I

Glad you figured it out!!

Thanks,

Bifocals