Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
tcesenthil
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: TATA DoCoMo in India

Question regarding tracking route in Endomondo App in BlackBerry Bold 9700 os v6

Hi,
     i own a BlackBerry Bold 9700 o/s ver6.0 and today i enabled BlackBerry Internet plan (TATA DoCoMo is the service provider) for my phone. Using it, i downloaded & installed the Endomondo App from BB App World.

During my walk, i started the app and it's timer. Throughout the walk, it kept saying 'Locating GPS' and even the Map View could not show any view.

Even after the workout data was uploaded, it showed all information (time taken..etc) correctly except the Map & Route information.

What could be the reason ? Am i missing anything here ?   I am not looking for Live Tracking, but i thought at-least the data uploaded to Endomondo website will have the map generated with details from the BB.

Is there a way for me to verify whether GPS is working in my mobile or not ?  When i checked in BlackBerry Maps website, i cannot see India included in their coverage area. Is that a reason ?

Note: I am located in India (Asia) region.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
flage
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Wind

Re: Question regarding tracking route in Endomondo App in BlackBerry Bold 9700 os v6

Sounds like your device cannot locate any GPS. How about blackberry maps? can you get a gps signal with that app?
I assume that if you can get signal with BBmaps then problems rely on endomondo app.

Mine works great btw :smileyhappy:
Give a try to "GPSlogger II". See if that can catch any signal.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tcesenthil
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: TATA DoCoMo in India

Re: Question regarding tracking route in Endomondo App in BlackBerry Bold 9700 os v6

Hi

Thank you for your response. BlackBerry Maps website says that , they do no have Maps coverage for my country location (India in Asia). So i have no way of verifying via BB Maps.

When the Endomondo app was running, within the app there was an option to find the location, it gave a altitude and latitude, which when i searched in web, it was the exact location of where i was. So does this mean that GPS is working, but it's now able to show Maps ?

Please use plain text.